Do you want to learn how to shave your armpits quickly and safely?
We know that learning how to properly shave body hair can be a daunting task, especially the tricky area of our delicate underarms.
It is important to go about it with caution in order not to accidentally nick or cut your skin.
Fortunately, we’ve got some helpful steps that make shaving both smooth and comfortable for any female-bodied person looking for guidance on how exactly to shave their armpits!
How to shave your armpits for the first time – The Steps you should know
Thoroughly Clean Your Underarms:
Cleanse your armpits as you would with any other part of your body before shaving. This will help to remove any dirt, excess oils, or sweat that can cause skin irritation during a shave.
Prepare Your Skin:
After cleaning the area, use warm water to further open up pores and soften the hair follicles for an easier shave.
Choose The Right Razor:
When choosing a razor, make sure to use one with multiple blades and a pivoting head for more control (and a closer shave) when navigating the curves of your underarms. Additionally, using shaving cream or gel will help reduce friction on these sensitive areas as you shave.
Shave in the Direction of Hair Growth:
Gently move the razor in the direction your hair is growing in small, slow strokes. This will help ensure that you don’t accidentally nick or cut your skin and that the shave is as close as possible.
Rinse & Reapply:
Once you have finished shaving, rinse your underarms with cold water and then reapply a moisturizer or aloe vera gel to help soothe the skin.
And that’s it! Now that you know the basics of how to shave your armpits, you should be able to quickly and safely shave your underarms in no time! Good luck!
Finally, if you have any concerns or questions while shaving your armpits, feel free to consult a medical professional for further advice.
By following these simple steps, you should be able to quickly and safely shave your armpits with minimal hassle. Just remember to take your time, be gentle, and always use caution when shaving. Good luck!
Benefits of shaving armpits
Spring is almost here. And after that, Summer. So it’s time to get out your shorts and tank tops again from the closet and indulge yourself in the Sunny Summer days. But your happy sunbathing time can become embarrassing if you still haven’t given a proper look under your armpits. So you should shave it before you hit the beach with your bikinis or shorts on. But before that just have a look at the benefits of shaving the pubic areas.
1. No Hair, Less Sweat
Getting rid of sweat is the best part of shaving underarm hair. The hair under the armpit moist the skin faster than any part of the body. So, it creates a lot of sweat. If you keep your underarm hair free, then that specific part of the skin will become rough and won’t create sweat as much as with hair.
2. No sweat, No Odor
In the summertime, the hot and humid weather can overheat your body. If your body does have a lot of hair then this overheating problem can cause body odor. You can reduce the chance of encountering body odor by shaving your armpits. Having hair-free armpits helps your body to cool faster. So that your skin doesn’t get the chance to create either sweat or body odor.
3. Getting rid of sweat stain
Underarm sweating is the reason behind those Yellow Stains on your sleeves. Sweats that come from the underarm hair stay with you through those marks. So shave your underarm regularly to keep these stains away from your clothes. By this, you won’t have to spend much time cleaning the sleeves. Just clean armpits. It will do the Double-task.
Should men & women shave their armpits?
Shaving armpits depends on your personal preferences. There are no specific Dos and Don’ts. But if you like to make yourself smooth, light, and sweat-free this summer, then shaving the armpit is a must. Man and women both can shave their armpits. Why they should shave? The reasons are given below-
- It keeps the sweat and sweat-related bacteria away.
- It makes the skin of the underarm smooth.
- Shaved armpits don’t require too many deodorants or anti-aspirants.
Itchy armpits after shaving?
Armpit shaving can sometimes irritate your skin. If you feel itchy after shaving, do not panic. It can happen because of bad shaving. If you shave the armpits incorrectly, use a dull razor or shaving products that contain artificial scents and harsh chemicals for shaving, then it can create an itchy sensation.
To avoid itchy armpits:
- try to use a hygienic shaving kit.
- try to avoid shaving products that contain alcohol, artificial perfume, or other chemical ingredients.
- Improve shaving skills. Underarm hair grows in different directions. So, it is tricky to shave the armpits, rather than other parts of the body. Try to shave armpits upward, downward, and side-to-side. This will help you achieve the smoothest shave, without an itchy sensation.
- Try to follow a specific shaving pattern and learn the skill of skin taut properly.
Shaving armpits Pros and Cons
There are various Pros of shaving armpits, such as
- You can be hair-free and show off your smooth skin while wearing sleeveless dresses.
- Shaving armpits results in less sweating. That means no sweat, no sweat rings on your shirt sleeves either.
- Shaving can make the armpit skin visible. So, if you have any skin complication under your armpits that was hiding beneath the hair till now, it can get visible after shaving and you can fix the problem.
- Compared to other Hair removal techniques (e.g. waxing, epilating), shaving is quite hassle-free. In Shaving, you don’t need too many tools or products. If you have a sharp razor and a good lubricant (e.g. shaving cream or foam), that is enough to have a hair-free armpit.
Besides the pros, there are a few side effects of shaving too. Have a look at it before you set your mind to shaving.
- Hair holds the moisture of your skin. Shaving regularly can make the skin rough and dry.
- If you don’t follow a hygienic way of shaving then it can cause infection and skin problems. Bad shaving can stimulate itching, rash, and red bums under the armpit.
- Shaving causes ingrown hair. It occurs when the hair grows inside the skin and increases the urge to scratch the affected part. Once you start scratching that part it may cause redness, scarring, and bleeding.
I would like to come to a conclusion by giving you a few final tips on how to get a clean shave on your armpits for the first time. First of all, always use new blades or sharp razors to cut the hair. Avoid using rusted blades and dull razors.
Next, you can use both cold and warm water to clean the armpits before you start shaving. But I recommend hot or warm water as it kills off a lot of germs.
Finally, always keep the armpits clean from sweat. After shaving the armpits wash with cold water and use aftershaves to make the skin germ-free. I hope this article was helpful to you.