Shaving is an everyday routine for both men and women to keep the body clean and smoother. However, keeping different body parts like legs, hands, armpits, bikini line, and private area shaved lowers skin issues. For some, pre-shaving is challenging, and for others, post-shaving is a significant problem. Most of the people, especially with sensitive skin, struggle with itching, redness, razor bumps, and other skin irritations.
Precisely, itching after shaving the pubic area is occasional, so we need special care hacks to reduce it. More concerning is when shaving even leads to skin allergies or other har follicles irritations etc. due to infections.
In this article, I will be helping you with the important question of how to prevent razor bumps on private area. To come up with this critical skin problem, after shaving is more common in females than males.
However, there are many ways to shave private and pubic hairs like waxing, hair removal creams, laser treatments, razors, etc. And it’s ultimately a personal choice if you need to shave your private hairs or not, if yes then how. Let’s scroll below and check out the major causes, remedies to treat and relieve your private area itching after shave.
Causes for Pubic Hair Itchiness and Irritations
Post skin irritations and redness is something so very ordinary in most of us, but significant is when getting skin allergies. Before you start off with shaving, crucial is to know the skin type and its needs. The most common reasons to get skin itchiness are:
1. Razor Burns
Most of us get razor burns that cause itching and redness over the skin surface near the pubic area. These look like rashes and tiny bumps, that makes feel prickly and tender. The primary cause of razor burns are:
- No or less use of shaving lubricants like cream, foam, or shaving gel.
- Too fast shaving
- Rare shaving
- Use of used and old or clogged razor.
2. Public Crabs
Commonly also known as pubic lice, which basically are small insects in and near the private area. These spread due to unsafe sexual intercourse, sharing of clothes, towels, bedding, etc. with the infected person. Pubic lice can cause extreme allergic reactions, itching, and skin irritations even on other body parts like legs, armpits, chest, etc.
3. Contact Dermatitis
This is majorly caused when you adopt or use the new product near your private area. Any contact with cream, soap, lotion, etc. within your genital area can lead to redness, itching skin irritations. Even hygiene care products can also promote the issues of contact dermatitis. Such issues over the skin can cause redness, dry skin flakes, hives, and skin rashes.
4. Allergic Dermatitis
Skin allergies are commonly faced with skin problems by most of the people. These happened due to ill-will reactions of foreign substances, like chemical-based products, insects, etc. Allergic dermatitis can lead even to series skin issues. Precisely itching, redness, skin rashes, burning, blistering, and pain are indeed found symptoms that promote allergic dermatitis.
Itching & Skin Irritations Issues
- Scabies- Contiguous skin issue by microbial attack over genital area, where bacteria lay eggs and spreads.
- Psoriasis- Cronic skin problem that is a quite painful kind of skin allergy.
- Jock Itch or Tinea Cruris- Caused by fungal attack near the private area.
- Eczema- Skin problem, with bumps and fluid/pus when scratched.
- Candidiasis Infection-Caused by yeast.
- Folliculitis-majorly occurs on the body areas with hairs, like pubic hairs, armpits, etc., that cause itching, redness, and rashes.
- Intertrigo- Skin rashes that cause itching, by skin moisture, or sweat.
- EMPD- Extramammary Paget Diseases are caused mainly in women that are somehow associated with cancer. This is genital skin rashes that cause redness, itching, pain, bleeding, etc.
Within the many skin itching causes and symptoms, easy home remedies, or certain precautions can relieve you best. If you feel irritations after shaving your private area, treatment at home is a quick means to get relief. But if your skin itching is quite severe and allergic, then seek immediate medical advice.
How To Stop Itching After Shaving
1. Wear Underwear That Is Properly Clean And Dry
The wearing of clean and dry underwear is crucial to keep your skin safe and itching free. As moisture is also the leading cause to get skin infections and irritations, so wear dry and clean panties. In fact, excessive sweating in private areas can cause skin rashes too to avoid such allergic conditions; do not wear unfit or too tight underwear. Even material of underwear also plays an important role, so avoid frictions, sweating, and itching.
2. Don’t Touch, Rub Or Scratch Your Genital Area Roughly And Excessively
If you roughly rub and scratch your private area with nails, it increases the risk of pain, rashes redness, cuts, and even bleeding. Spreading of infections after shaving of the private part is quite more, so any touch can cause skin allergies and itching.
3. Avoid Using Chemical Based Products
Shaving Pubic Area Females and males both needs special care and technique that keeps your genital part clean and hygiene. This does not mean you should use skincare and beauty care products. To lower the risk of itching and skin irritations, do not use products that have perfumes, dyes, and chemicals.
4. Right Shaving Technique Is The Key To Avoid Skin Irritations
Shaving Legs And Bikini Area is quite common in women yet need the proper shaving technique to avoid skin allergies. Most of the females use waxing as conventional means, but buying any reliable Ladies Electric Shaver is quite beneficial.
To avoid any kind of itching and irritations follow the tips mentioned below:
- First is to trim your pubic hairs with scissors.
- Do understand your skin type, as if you have sensitive skin, Shaver For Sensitive Skin is available.
- Use a good quality razor.
- Never forget to soak the shaving area with water to soften the hair roots’ beneath the skin.
- Apply shaving foam, gel, cream, or soap that is not chemically dyed or perfumed. (unscented ones).
- Never shave in the opposite direction of hairs. Do shave in the course of hair growth to avoid skin irritations, cuts, etc.
- Wash your shaver or razor after use to avoid debris clogging and maintain the hygiene.
- Pat dry the skin softly, need to rub. Avoid using perfume lotions and creams.
5. Keep Your Private Area, Clean & Dry After Shaving To Avoid Skin Allergies
If your skin is moist and wet, bacteria or fungal infections can cause skin itching, redness, and rashes. So do take care of your genital area after shaving to avoid such miserable skin issues. If you have conditions of excessive sweating that apply medically treated powder as well. Do not wear wet or sweaty under clothes.
6. Medicated Creams And Treatment To Avoid Itching After Shaving:
You can use hydrocortisone creams, lotions, or OTC shampoos as well to avoid skin irritations, itching, etc. However, if you have open sores, scratches, or even bleeding, then prevent the use of these OTC treatments. You can also get common antihistamines brands to get relief from minor skin irritations.
Medical Treatments By Doctors And Dermatologists
If your skin itchiness and irritations are more disturbing, and painful than seek for immediate medical treatment. Do visit the recommended doctor and professional practitioner in dermatology. The best doctor’s prescription may include:
1. Lice Treatment
If OTC (Over-the-counter) medical treating fails, your doctor might opt for Lice Treatment. This whole medical procedure includes Ovid or pills to reduces the itchiness and skin irritations.
2. Anti-fungal Medications
Shaving Legs, And Bikini Area, even armpits can cause skin allergies and fungal irritations like jock, candidiasis, etc. So oral antifungal treatment with pills or medications is certainly recommended.
3. Use Of Antibiotics
Within severe allergic after shaving itchings or skin infections, the use of antibiotic medications, lotions, talc is prescribed by dermatologists.
Quick Ways To Stop & Treat Itching After Shaving Private Area
Below are fast and quick hacks to relieve itching after shaving the genital part.
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry it with soft and clean cloth/towel. Do not rub it in a rough manner.
- You can use essential oil for quick relief such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, etc.
- Use post-shaving but natural creams and lotions to keep skin hydrated.
- Apply pre-shaving lotion or gel next time to avoid such skin issues.
- Quick is to apply grape oil, aloe-vera gel, beard balm, or oil.
- You can also use honey, vinegar, cold compress, cornstarch, etc.
- Use quality razors or shavers, which are clean and maintained.
- Use skincare products that are according to your skin type.
- Home Treatment Remedies with the use of essential oils: Tea tree oil, lemon, ovide, margosa leaves, ylang-ylang oil.
Shaving is indeed a personal choice, yet popularly adopted by most men and women. In fact, ample of beauty care appliance brands have even launched Ladies Electric Shavers. With any significant purchase, you can adopt the daily schedule to Shave Your Armpits, Legs and Bikini Area.
Above I have mentioned some crucial hacks to a query of how to stop pubic area from itching after shaving. Precisely I hope, my highlights about causes and care tips will definitely help you get smoother and ease shave.