When it comes to hair removal, everyone has a preference and an increasing number of women these days are turning to epilators as their first choice.
Epilators are ideal for anyone seeking a long-lasting hair removal solution. It is a hassle to go to the salon every time you want to get your hair removed. So, getting your own personal epilator does not seem to be a bad idea.
However, when it comes to choosing the best-rated epilator for women that is a challenging task. So, to lessen your workload a bit I have provided some information on women epilators after thorough research. Make sure to go through them to understand your preference.
TOP 6 BEST EPILATOR FOR WOMEN HOME USE
Below I have provided information about 6 top-rated epilators for women each with its own set of qualities that you should definitely check out.
1. Philips BRE235/04 best epilator for bikini
Philips has proven its worth in the past and continues to do so with its fantastic devices such as its epilators. The Philips epilator for women is a customer favorite product and is well-known for its efficiency. So, let me walk you through its features so that you get a clear understanding.
Using Philips Satinelle, you can get smooth, beautiful legs that last up to weeks. Hairs as short as 0.5mm can be gently removed with it. So, make sure to carefully remove hairs from the root if you want to get longer-lasting outcomes.
Epilation has never been easier, thanks to its ergonomic grip. The rounded shape fits well in your hand and has a cute look. No need to worry about sanitation as the head of this epilator is detachable and suitable for cleaning under running water.
Whether you want to cut thin or thick hair, its 2-speed settings will provide you with that for a more tailored hair removal treatment. Because of its delicate area cap, you will feel extra tenderness while removing unwanted hairs from the underarm, bikini line, and from different body parts.
- ✘ Some customers found it to be very painful to use
- ✓ An ergonomic handle that makes the shaving experience better.
- ✓ Cuts hair short as 0.5mm from the root.
- ✓ Skin remains hair-free for weeks.
- ✓ Has a detachable head for easy cleaning.
- ✓ Can cut both thin and thick hair.
- ✓ Its delicate area cap epilation smoother
Going through its features, I am sure one will agree with me to the point that it is a great product that will make you feel confident about your appearance.
2. Braun top rated epilator for women Silk-epil 3 3-270
Braun’s trimmer, shaver, and epilators are known for their quality. For long-lasting hair removal, the Braun Epilator Silk-epil 3 3-270 is a fantastic product for women and for beginners. It has some impressive features that you may want to have a closer look at.
The 20-tweezer technology of this epilator carefully cuts hairs from the root, giving you salon-smooth skin for weeks. Besides, its advanced Smartlight technology helps you to see even the finest hair so that you don’t miss a single hair while removing it.
The Braun epilator for women takes extra care of your skin. Because of its shaver and trimmer head, you don’t need to worry about removing hair from sensitive areas. The massage rollers are also an excellent option that helps to stimulate the epilating area and make it less uncomfortable.
With the 2 speed settings, you can customize your hair removal treatment matching your skin type and particular beauty routine. As it conforms to every curve of your body, you can successfully remove hair from areas like the knee and underarm.
- ✘ Some customers found the cord too short which was uncomfortable
- ✓ Its 20-tweezer technology cuts hair from roots
- ✓ Its Smartlight technology helps to see even the thinnest hair
- ✓ The massage rollers help to make your hair removal experience less unpleasant
- ✓ The 2-speed settings allow customizing all type of hair
- ✓ It can be used for dry or wet waxing
Apart from some minor disadvantages, it is undoubtedly a great product to use when it comes to removing hair. So, make sure to check it out.
3. Braun silk épil 5 ladies epilator
The Braun Epilator Silk-épil 5 5-810 is another well-known name among the epilator users for its high-functioning efficiency. So, let’s go through its features to understand what the hype is about.
The 28 tweezers technology eliminates hairs as short as 0.5mm from the root, giving you smooth skin for weeks and leaving you with a satisfying outcome. The anti-slip grip gives you the benefit of epilating in the shower making your hair-removing experience a breeze.
Whether you have dry or wet skin, it will do the job for you. To ensure that the device slides easily over your skin, use it with gel or shaving foam. To make the procedure even smoother, use warm water while removing hair.
With the shaver and trimmer head, it allows you to shave in delicate areas, such as- bikini line and underarms with ease. It is designed to shave any precise lines, or contours you can think of. So, have no more doubts in wearing your favorite tank top.
For a more relaxing and delicate epilation, the Braun Silk-épil 5 epilator for women comes with a massaging cap with pulsating active vibrations. It has two-speed settings: one for extra delicate epilation and the other for more efficient epilation.
- ✘ Some customers had issues with getting an even and clean shaving even after going over the same area numerous times.
- ✓ The 28 tweezers technology lets you cut hair as short as 0.5mm from the root
- ✓ Suitable for wet or dry skin and can be used in the shower
- ✓ The shaver and trimmer head makes the shaving experience better in the sensitive areas
- ✓ Its messaging cap makes epilation relaxing
- ✓ Its two-speed technology makes epilation smooth
This epilator for women is a great device that you should consider purchasing if its features meet your needs.
4. BRAUN SILK-ÉPIL 9 9-579 WET & DRY ELECTRIC EPILATOR
We are back with Braun again. But this time, we are here to give you an insight into one of the latest models. Although the usability factor remains pretty much the same across the board, the makers have slightly upped the stakes with the series 9, which is also among the line with the options for the leg shaver electric.
So, there’s really not much to say here. Let’s get on with overall usability.
As with most Braun electric razors, the design nature is almost the same. You are getting that same level of usability, offering better shave and trimming than many other products out there.
When it comes to the overall features, then the wide trimmer head offers good 4-weeks of shave-free time. Pair that with the Micro grip tweezer technology, and you are getting a smooth and precise shaving experience that is more than 3-times more efficient than waxing.
The design structure allows the user to be more independent while shaving. Also, the added accessories do offer that extra headroom for a comfortable trimming and shaving experience overall. Furthermore, the wet and dry shaving experience is acceptable enough to consider it as a potent option.
In short, this cordless trimmer takes care of all your sensitive regions without any hassle.
- ✘ Adding a hair collection chamber could make it better.
- ✓ A cordless trimmer with superior ergonomics and fast-charging capabilities.
- ✓ Comes with an abundant number of included accessories.
- ✓ The Micro tweezers offer good hair removal capabilities.
- ✓ It takes care of even the smallest of hairs thanks to the SmartLight integration
- ✓ The pulsating vibration technology adds extra comfort.
- ✓ Offers 4-weeks of shave-free independence.
In conclusion, from what we can gather here, this Braun Series 9 electric razor checks a lot of the boxes that the average consumer would want. So, overall, taking a good look at it can’t be bad at all.
5. PANASONIC ES-ED90-P best electric epilator
The ES-ED90-P shaver and epilator from Panasonic don’t really need any particular introduction. Aside from having a really hefty customer stack, it still keeps the bar high enough in the race for the Best Women’s Electric Shavers for legs.
So, without any further ado, let’s get on with the features.
Like its other brothers, the Panasonic lady’s wet and dry epilator shaver es ed90 p does a really good job of keeping its identity different from others. From the design, you will see that it keeps the ergonomics of the Panasonic line-up alive, which is a pretty big deal.
Then you have the regular features like the pop-up trimmer, smooth pivoting head, and other regular features, which are a few specialties of the Panasonic line-up of shavers and epilators. These features work really well together to offer that smooth and serene shaving experience.
Still, one of the main selling points of the Panasonic es ed90 p wet dry is perhaps the added accessories that come with it. The 6-add on set is like a mini treatment center for yourself at home, making it one of the very few options with such flexibility.
- ✘ The longevity of performance needs attention.
- ✓ An ergonomic trimmer that features a dual disc epilation head with 48-tweezers, offering top-of-the-line performance.
- ✓ The hypo-allergic blades will not give you any type of irritation.
- ✓ The dual-speed mode with a smart light takes care of your legs without much of a hassle.
- ✓ The wet/dry operation with washability presents more than tolerable results.
Despite having some minor issues, the Panasonic es ed90 p ladies’ wet and dry epilator shaver does live up to the expectations of the average female. So, it would probably a waste if you didn’t keep it on your shopping list!
6. BRAUN SILK EPIL 5-5280 LEGS AND BODY EPILATOR
Braun, as many of you know by now, is one of the big names in consumer electronics. They specialize in health care products for the most part. And, while conducting research, we came across the Braun silk epil 5 power 5280 epilators.
If you do some digging, you will immediately see that this is one of the more desirable options currently in the market. Not only is this a solid option as the best electric Razor for ladies’ legs, but it’s also capable of taking care of your bikini regions and armpits as well.
When it comes to the overall usability of the product, then the design does do a fair bit of justice. The compact nature of the overall design offers better skin epilation even from some of the more high-end brands. You are pretty much guaranteed smooth skin every time you spend your time with it.
The close-grip tweezers are one of the best features of the Braun 5280 electric epilator for bikini area. It’s, by far, one of the smoothest options available. Pair that with the massage rollers and cooling gloves, and you get a smooth and precise shave overall.
The main takeaway here is probably the handling and the way it lets you get rid of the annoying underarm and leg hairs. Also, as you are getting the option to clean it under running water, it really sets a high bar when it comes to hygiene.
- ✘ The problems with ingrown hair are present.
- ✘ The efficiency with time is a concern.
- ✓ The ergonomics are fair and easy to handle.
- ✓ The 40-close grip tweezers are precise and enable you to get rid of shaving for at least weeks.
- ✓ The massage rollers and cooling gloves offer almost painless hair removal.
- ✓ Comes with added accessories.
- ✓ Cleanable under running water.
- ✓ The SmartLight technology and the adaptable contour head are certainly a welcome addition.
All in all, considering the price tag and all the other features, you are not missing out on anything. If the features appeal to you, then you should certainly give it a go.
Read More Braun Silk Epil 5-5280
The best epilator for you is determined by your requirements. Every epilator has its own set of features that suit the demands of different people. So, for your convenience, I have provided a buying guide below.
Dry or wet
Some epilators work only on dry skin and the latest ones work both on dry and wet skin. Wet epilators are suitable to use in showers and running water. Because it opens the pores, using the wet epilator underwater makes epilating a breeze and doesn’t cause much pain, rashes, and pimples on the skin.
Corded or cordless
Wet epilators are usually cordless and battery-driven because they can be used underwater. Dry epilators, on the other hand, can be corded or cordless. The benefit of a cordless epilator is that it may be freely moved anywhere. However, if you are new to epilation, battery-operated epilators are a good option because they are less expensive.
Each epilator has a different number of tweezers. While having more tweezers can speed up the epilation process, it can also make the hair removing experience more uncomfortable. On the other hand, more tweezers do not always imply faster performance if it does not pluck hair well. Facial hair can be removed with tweezers with lower numbers.
Another feature to consider before purchasing an epilator is noise. Some epilators create noise, which gets painful to tolerate for more than 20 to 30 minutes.
Because the skin on the legs and arms is tight, you will need a high speed for quick epilation, whereas the skin on the underarms and bikini area are delicate and requires a low speed.
How to use an epilator in 6 Easy Steps
An epilator works with the same principle as waxing; however, it is more convenient and less messy. How to Use an Epilator.
Step 1 – Turn on your epilator after fully charged.
Step 2 – Gently hold the skin taught and move the head of your epilator in a circular motion while gliding over the desired area. Be sure to glide in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Step 3 – Keep the epilator at a 90-degree angle while gently applying pressure so the head can lift hairs from the roots. How to Use an Epilator
Step 4 – Continue this process until all hair is removed. How to Use an Epilator
Step 5 – Next, move the epilator head in a straight motion. How to Use an Epilator
Step 6 – Repeat steps 4 and 5 until desired hair is removed How to Use an Epilator.
How long should hair be for the epilator?
Hair removal is an important part of every woman’s beauty regimen. How long should hair be for the epilator? This depends on what kind of result you are looking for. If you are using the epilator to get rid of fine soft hair, then they can be as short as 0.5mm – 2mm in length. However, if you want to use an epilator for removing coarse hair, then you should wait until your hairs grow at least 0.5mm – 1.5mm in length.
How to clean an epilator
This lets the device’s components settle before you handle it.
* Unplug the device and make sure that no water or cleaning solution will accidentally get into it while you work.
Cleaning your epilator head
* Remove the attachment head of your epilator, if necessary. Hold it under cool, running water while using a small amount of mild soap to clean out any hair that has built up inside.
* Use a cotton swab to get into the crevice on the device where the head attaches. This is an area which collects hair so you want to get it really clean. Rinse off your epilator head thoroughly by running cool water over it once more, and set it out to dry on an absorbent towel.
Cleaning inside your epilator
* Turn off your epilator and allow it to cool down before using your cotton swab to clean within the device’s outer casing. Use care when you are cleaning around the screens that keep hair from winding up in places where it might damage internal components or clog up screen openings. You can carefully wipe away any built-up hair and grime around the screens with your cotton swab.
* Turn off your epilator and unplug it. Remove all attachments so that you can clean inside of them as well by following the same steps used previously to remove hair and grime.
* Allow your cleaning materials to dry before using your epilator again.
Should I epilate pubic hair?
Should you epilate pubic hair? Should I epilate pubic hair? Should we all epilate pubic hair?!
It’s a question that has been asked by men and women since the dawn of time, but fear not! We at Hair Removal Guru are here to give you the answers.
First things first, let’s clear up some misconceptions surrounding pubic hair; it serves no purpose. It protects your genitals from dirt and sweat when you are in the shower or bath, but does nothing when you’re not!
Is it better to epilate wet or dry?
Wet vs. dry epilation
Wet and dry epilators come with a small but significant difference: one can only be used wet, the other, only dry. Is it possible to use either of them for both purposes? Is there a significant difference in outcomes? Is one better than the other? Let’s find out why you should always use a wet epilator and what to do if you only have a dry one.
Most modern epilators can be used both with or without water, so it’s up to you whether you want to epilate in the shower or just clean your skin and start right away. Is there any difference? Yes! First of all, wet epilation with an epilator is more comfortable. It’s not as painful, but it still works the same way.
Secondly, your skin will be smoother after using an epilator in the shower. The difference between using a dry and wet epilator is comparable to that of waxing vs. shaving or even laser removal. The wet epilation removes the hair from the root, just like waxing does, so it needs time to take effect. In general, you’re supposed to wait at least a day before your next removal session in order for the hair to grow back thinner and less strongly attached to the root.
I hope this article has helped you limit your options. Did you find the buying guides to be useful?
Which one of the epilators mentioned above do you prefer the most and why? Do let me know in the comment section. Besides, if you have used any women epilator in the past that worked out for you, leave its description. I will consider mentioning it in the next article.
All epilators have disadvantages. So it is a wise decision to consider whether those drawbacks are major concerns for you before purchasing.